Saturday, 8 August 2009

Delta and Chobe Waterways


Only two weeks to go until my tour in Africa where I will be observing life on the road in my moving arena and the external arenas that we visit.


I am keeping an open mind and am trying not to get images of what I may observe out there. This is my first trip to Africa, well...it's actually a lot of first things for me: crossing the equator to the Southern Hemisphere, seeing wild animals, trav
elling overland, the list goes on and on. Until I get out there, I only have my idea for an arena and of course its practicalities.

What I observe and what creative ideas I may get from my observations may be plentiful with such a wide range of exciting arenas.


But before babbling on about observations in my African arenas, it may be helpful to say a little about where the tour goes!

Below are details from Acacia Africa's website: http://www.acacia-africa.com


Delta and Chobe Waterways
Countries: Botswana, South Africa, Zambia

Sunsets over the Kalahari Activity opportunities at Victoria Falls Huge elephant herds at Chobe National Park Mokoro safaris through the watery Okavango Delta Rhino encounters at Khama Rhino Sanctuary

Itinerary:

DAY 1, Johannesburg, Nata

From Johannesburg we cross the border into Botswana, skirting the immense Kalahari and making our way to Nata for our first night camping.

DAYS 2 - 3, Livingstone, Victoria Falls

We drive to Zambia and our campsite on the banks of the Zambezi, near Victoria Falls. We visit the Falls themselves, plunging deep into the Bokota Gorge and enjoy a day free to try some of the activities on offer. Ride the rapids, raft the white waters, take a bungy jump or maybe take an elephant-back safari! Scenic flights are also available to view this spectacular area from the

DAY 4, Chobe National Park

We cross into Botswana and head south to Chobe National Park where you may wish to game cruise the Chobe River, spotting the park’s large elephant herds at the water’s edge. Hippo, crocodile, antelope and various other animals are also regularly spotted coming here to drink in the late afternoon.

DAYS 5 - 8, Maun, Okavango Delta

We start the day with an optional game drive in Chobe before heading to the Okavango Delta. We explore its enchanting reed-filled waterways and tranquil islands by foot and mokoro (dug out canoe) while camping for two nights in this watery paradise for a unique wilderness experience.

DAYS 9 - 10, Khama Rhino Sanctuary, Johannesburg

We travel to the Khama Rhino Sanctuary, recently established to restock the area with rhino and other grazing animals. We take an evening game drive across the reserve, enjoying the open horizons and animals we meet, as the day turns to dusk. Our final journey takes us back into South Africa where our tour finishes on arrival in Johannesburg.


Lots of opportunities await and I think what is exciting is that anything can happen, I may be swamped with tons of ideas for scripts in such an enticing choice of location.

No comments:

Post a Comment