Friday, 6 November 2009

Writing the First Draft - Starting Point


Taking a deep breath and here we go. Cracking on with my first draft based on the treatment I wrote.


So far i'm on page 10, a thrid of the way there and I'm having a bit of a freak out! Forcably trying to stop myself editing already as I find it gets in the way of creativity. As I write I find that I am very visual which I like, hopefully capturing the characteristics of the arena.

At the moment I'm wondering if I'm going to have enough for my 30 minute script. I don't want to pad out the script by being over descriptive or by making my characters woffly...(I could have possibly made that word up!) but I suppose it is too early to tell. If I get to page 20 and find that my structure did not quite work out and I have nothing more for the characters or the narrative then I know I have a big problem.

For now, back to work and hoping for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment